Academic Search assists colleges, universities and other education-related institutions by adhering to a number of best practices and principles:
- We work collaboratively with our clients, tailoring each search to the distinctive needs and expectations of the client, with final authority vested in the client.
- We perform all consulting assignments - including research, administrative, and logistical support - competently, and with an appropriate degree of knowledge, thoroughness, and urgency.
- We guarantee, unless medical or severe personal exceptions occur, that the consultant(s) who makes the client presentation remains the consultant(s) for the duration of the search. The assigned consultant(s) attends all meetings as requested, serves as the primary contact for candidates, provides due diligence on the candidates and provides consistent support and guidance at every stage of the search process.
- We maintain in strict confidence all candidate information to the degree permitted by state on institutional policies, and ensure the safety of all records after the search is completed, in compliance with institutional, state and EEOC guidelines.
- We believe all candidates, internal and external, should be afforded honest, respectful, and timely communication from us, as representatives of our clients.
- We assure due diligence regarding candidate background and reference checks, working with third-party sources when necessary and with our research team.
- We are committed to a successful appointment. Should the initial search fail to produce an appointment, or a contract be terminated for cause or the appointee leaves within the first year of appointment, we will extend the search or conduct a second full search for no additional consulting fee; the only additional charges will be related to consultant and candidate travel, advertising, and background checks, invoiced on a monthly basis.
- We avoid, or resolve through disclosure, conflicts of interest.
- We support equal opportunity in employment.